In order for a Federal wire or mail fraud case to be successfully defended…you are going to have to find an attorney that knows how to deal with a fact pattern that may be complicated and labor intensive. The key is to be able to break things down and identify what is really going on and simplify the situation so that the matter can be successfully defended.
Once the case is clearly defined…then the decision can be made whether to litigate or plea bargain. We have the ability to assist you in making the correct decision in a Federal case. If you do not make the correct decision in a federal case…from the beginning…consequences will be grave. I encourage you to call us, get us the information you have (in advance of the meeting, if possible) and then meet with us face to face and we will start the process of dealing with a tough Federal system.
When evaluating a Mail/Wire-fraud case, Federal authorities are typically looking at whether a person used interstate commerce to commit a crime. More and more computers and the Internet are a means to commit crimes in the United States. The Federal Government will prosecute cases where the mail is used to defraud a person or entity (like a bank) out of money as well. Our federal criminal defense law firm has successfully handled many cases were a person is charged with defrauding a person, bank or other entity.
We have been involved with Federal cases in Los Angeles that involve hundreds, thousands and even millions of dollars. Federal authorities do not usually get involved in a case unless a substantial loss is claimed. It is imperative that you come see us immediately…before a mistake is made that costs you money, stress and your freedom.
If you are serious about hiring a top level skilled federal criminal defense attorney, I will personally meet with you and begin the process of putting the nightmare you find yourself in…behind you. Call and ask to meet or talk to Ron Hedding (818) 986-2092.
1) having devised, or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud,
2) for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan
3) something of value or some item and
4) places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter
5) any item to be delivered by interstate carrier shall be fined or imprisoned for not more than 20 years, or both.
The violation of wire fraud is also a commonly used criminal law used to prosecute people for committing fraud while using wire communications that travel interstate or internationally.
Under Title 18, United States Code, Section 1014, it is a federal crime to commit fraud using a wire communication that travels in interstate or foreign commerce. 18 U.S.C. 1343 reads as follows
Fraud by Wire, Radio or Television (Wire Fraud) -
1) having devised, or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or
2) for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises
3) transmits, or causes to be transmitted, by wire, radio or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce,
4) any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds
5) for the purpose of executing the scheme or artifice shall be or imprisoned for more than 20 years, or both.